As many of you know, KHC is a 4-day holiday camp for primary school aged children. Each year over 100 kids from our local area pack into the hall at St James Carlton to sing, play games, eat, pray, hear from God’s word, memorise Bible verses, laugh and have fun together.
This year our theme is Super Impossible Promises. Our KHC will be set in Super Impossible World, a made up computer game world similar to Super Mario Brothers. We will look at God’s word and see how he is faithful to his promises. The Big Idea of the week is ‘If you trust in Jesus you will live in a perfect world forever’.
This year KHC will run from Tuesday 8th – Friday 11th of July from 9am – 12:30pm, finishing with a celebration service at each of our morning congregations on the Sunday. It’s getting close now and the team and I are getting very excited!
One of my favourite things about KHC is that so many people from SNAC get involved every year! There are many ways that you can be involved in KHC.
1. If you are a prayer…
- Praise God for another opportunity to encourage Christian kids and reach out to those who don’t know Jesus.
- Please pray that kids and families in our local schools would be bold in inviting friends to come. Pray that many would come, hear the good news of Jesus and repent.
- Please pray for me and the team as we prepare. Ask God to give us creativity and boldness as we dream about what KHC will look like this year.
- Pray for me as I prepare the talks, that God would give me understanding and clarity as I read his scriptures and creativity and insight into “kid culture” as I write.
2. If you’re a parent and you have kids that are planning on coming…
- Grab a form (in your SNAC) and fill it out TODAY and give it to Larissa (at 9am), Carmel (at 10:30am Carlton) or Heather (at 10:30am Bexley North) or take it home, fill it in and bring it back NEXT WEEK! You can also register on the SNAC website this year! (snac.org.au)
- Spots will fill up fast, so sign up now to insure that you don’t miss out.
- But just as importantly, work out who your kids are going to invite to KHC to come and hear the gospel. Pray for them with your kids every night from now until KHC! And grab some extra forms to pass on to their parents.
3. If you are interested in helping in the kitchen during the KHC week…
- Each day we eat morning tea together.
- We need people who can help in the kitchen in the mornings, during the week and/or pre-cook food and drop it at St James.
4. If you’re handy or creative…
- This year we’re turning the church into Super Impossible World, our made up computer game. There are grand plans for Mario Kart tracks, toadstools, stars, and question mark boxes.
- If you are good at building things or are handy in any way and would be willing to help build decorations, then please contact Lauren or me.
5. If you’d like to lead a small group...
- Last year there were over 150 kids at KHC. After our morning session (our time with all the kids together) we split into age-based discussion groups of about 6-8 kids.
- This is a fantastic time where kids get to think more about what they’ve been learning, ask their questions and pray together.
- If you would like to lead a small group (or co-lead one with another adult) then please talk to me about this.
More info to come in future weeks. If you have any other ideas for how you might be involved, then please don’t hesitate to contact me! Please be praying that God would be pleased to use KHC for his glory!