Hey St George Northers,
In case you have been asleep for the past few weeks, there is something HUGE about to happen at SNAC starting Tuesday 8th July:
KIDS HOLIDAY CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This would have to be one of my family’s favourite and most exciting times of the year – usually they are asking the theme for the next year by the end of the first day!
We have found, both as parents, and as kids, that Kids Holiday Club is full of opportunities to share the gospel with others. For some families, it is from a child attending KHC that they come to church for the first time. How exciting is that?!!
Here are some ways that you can make the most of the opportunities at KHC:
• After you have signed in your kids, hang around and chat to other parents. There will be coffee and morning tea provided, so why not book in half an hour each morning to make newcomers feel welcome?
• Get to know other parents. Find out about their kids. There will be brochures on the sign-in table advertising Kids Plus, Fuel and Ignite.
• Why not organise to go out for lunch or plan a picnic for the next day after KHC? The kids love to chat about what they have learned that day - a great opportunity for them to keep talking about Jesus!!
• Inviting families to your home is probably the best way to make them feel welcome. Kids love visiting other people’s houses and this is a way to encourage your children to be welcoming to other kids. They might even learn the word “share”!
• On the first Sunday after KHC, we have a Celebration Service. From experience, the kids who have attended KHC beg their parents to come to the Celebration Service to see the highlights of what they have been up to during the week. Make sure you invite the parents you’re chatting to and let them know the details of when and where it is on.
• Make sure you are there early at the Celebration Service to greet your guests and to sit near them so they don’t feel uncomfortable. For some this is the first time they have attended a church. Others may have stopped attending church due to a bad experience in the past.
• Make sure you come to KHC well-rested (there is no rest once it starts!!) and with a smile on your face. No one wants to see a grumpy face especially if the kids are feeling anxious about attending KHC in the first place.
• Please be praying for KHC - that we make the most of every opportunity we have to tell others about Jesus.