Each year our Church In the Bank congregation heads down to the scenic Youthworks Conference Centres at Port Hacking for our weekend away – Invest. It’s called Invest because each year when we go away our goal is to Invest in God’s people, God’s word, and God’s kingdom. (It took me a few years to realise the link - that we are Church in the Bank and our weekend away is called Invest. Haha! The finance people will get it…)
It’s a weekend full of antics, crazy stunts, plenty of latte sipping and Jenga! But more importantly, it’s a time when we get stuck into God’s word and getting to know each other more, in a way that we cannot do in the week-to-week. Invest is the time where we invest in God’s people and God’s word, and see the fruit of that over the next year, as people grow in love for one another, and walk away with a deeper love for our Lord Jesus and a passion to live for him! And it’s my prayer that as we do this we are investing in and growing God’s kingdom, which we are so blessed to be a part of!
This year’s Invest is coming up fast (Friday 14 – Sunday 16 August) and the team who is putting the weekend together is working hard! This year Phil will be speaking to us about “guidance” and decision-making as Christians. What a great thing to be reflecting on, especially when we live in a world that constantly bombards us, telling us how we should be living, and that Christ is not worth following. We desperately need God’s word to shape our decisions so that they honour Jesus!
So, if you are part of Church in the Bank – then sign up today! Forms and money can go to Rob Woof, or (even better) you can sign up online at snac.org.au/invest
And whoever you are, please pray for us as we prepare for the weekend and when we are there:
• Thank God for the opportunity to spend time away enjoying his creation and enjoying fellowship with people around his word.
• Thank God for the provision of food and accommodation.
• Pray that lots of good memories will be made and laughs will be had. Pray that our relationships with each other will grow.
• Pray for Phil as he prepares to teach us.
• Pray that all of us dig into God’s word and grow in the grace of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Pray that all glory would go to him!
Also, feel free to ask me any questions about the weekend :)