This week on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons at Carlton and Bexley North, Kids Plus started back. This term our program has a science theme so we began this week with some crazy experiments (including making sherbet, creating a storm in a bottle and launching water rockets over the church building – see Facebook for a video!) This term we’ll be looking at the Bible to discover the answers to some of life’s Big Questions like ‘who made God?’ and ‘What happens when I die?’
The leaders and I are really looking forward to catching up with all our kids again and seeing their eagerness to hear from God’s word! Kids Plus is one of my favourite times in the week. For some of the kids at both Bexley North and Carlton, Kids Plus is the only place that they get to hear the good news of Jesus. As leaders we get to sit and chat with a year 3 girl over afternoon tea talking about whether heaven is real or not and can we really be sure God will let us go there? We get to hear boys discussing the promises of God and can we really trust that God raised Jesus from the dead? We get to watch 3 Kindy girls from church explain the Gospel to their friend from school who desperately wants to come to church but whose parents won’t bring her. God is doing great things through Kids Plus!
Please pray for Kids Plus this year! Why not set a reminder for 3pm on a Wednesday or Thursday, stop what you’re doing, and pray. Here are some things you could pray for:
• Thank you that so many kids already come to Kids Plus. Pray that God would bring back each child who came last year and many more newcomers this year. Pray that the kids would love coming each week to hear more about Jesus.
• Pray for boldness for our church kids in inviting their friends. Pray that their friends would come and stay and hear the good news of Jesus.
• Thank God for the opportunities that Kids Plus provides our church parents to connect with community families. Pray for boldness for our church parents in building relationships with other parents at Kids Plus.
• Pray that our leaders would be faithful witnesses to the gospel. Pray for patience and love as we seek to serve the kids God brings us each week, especially those that are more difficult to love.
• Pray that God would be pleased to use our groups to bring whole families to know and love the Lord Jesus.
• Pray that God would glorify his name through these groups.