‘It’s a bird!’ ‘It’s a plane!’ ‘No! It’s Kids Holiday Club 2016!’
Kids Holiday Club 2016 is coming! As many of you know KHC is a 4-day holiday program for primary school aged children. Each year over 150 kids from our local area pack into the church at St James Carlton to sing, play games, eat, pray, hear from God’s word, memorise Bible verses, laugh and have fun together.
This year our theme is Superheroes! Kids will come along and hear the true stories of Jesus, who is more than a Superhero!
This year KHC will run from Tuesday 12th – Friday 15th of July from 9am – 12:30pm finishing with a celebration service at each of our morning congregations on the Sunday. The team is getting very excited!
One of our favourite things about KHC is that there are ways for every member of SNAC to be involved and so many people are involved each year.
1. If you are a prayer…
- Praise God for another opportunity to encourage Christian kids and reach out to those who don’t know Jesus.
- Please pray that kids and families in our local schools would be bold in inviting friends to come. Pray that many would come, hear the good news of Jesus and trust in him.
- Please pray for the directors, Sarah and Avril, and the team as we prepare. Ask God to give us creativity and boldness as we dream about what KHC will look like this year.
- Pray for Kevin and his talk team as they prepare to teach, that God would give them understanding and clarity as they read his scriptures and creativity as they write.
2. If you’re a parent and you have kids that are planning on coming…
- Register on the SNAC website at snac.org.au/khc
- Forms will be out next week so if you prefer paper and pens then grab one, fill it out and hand it back to Caitlin (at 9AM), Sarah (at 10:30 Carlton) or Avril (at Bexley North).
- Spots will fill up fast so sign up now to ensure that you don’ t miss out.
- But just as importantly, work out who your kids are going to invite to KHC to come and hear the gospel. Pray for them with your kids every night from now until KHC! And grab some extra forms to pass on to their parents.
3. If you’re handy or creative…
- This year as we walk into the church we want kids to feel like they’re walking into a Superhero comic book.
- If you are good at building things or are handy in any way and would be willing to use your handiness to help build decorations then please contact Sarah.
4. If you are crafty…
- Each day our kids take home a themed craft
- This is a highlight of the week for many kids!
5. If you’d like to lead a small group…
- Last year there were over 150 kids at KHC. After our morning session (our time with all the kids together involving singing, memory verse and the talk, etc) we split into age-based discussion groups of about 6-8 kids.
- This is a fantastic time where kids get to think more about what they’ve been learning, ask their questions and pray together.
- If you would like to lead a small group (or co-lead one with another adult) then please talk to Sarah or Avril about this.
There will be more info coming in future weeks. If you have any other ideas for how you might be involved then please don’t hesitate to contact us! Please be praying that God would be pleased to use KHC for his glory!
Sarah and Avril
Ph: 0403 686 284